Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins- The Most Delightful!

Okay, so this may be a wee bit late since it is November 21st, and here in Canada Thanksgiving is long over and we are awaiting snow, which surprisingly, has yet to arrive! However, I am a firm believer that pumpkin things are always delicious and need not only be eaten in fall.

This past weekend I went on a five hour drive with my younger brother to visit my younger sister who is away at University. Her request- bring me delicious things. So I got into baking mode and created some things to take with me. I had some left over pumpkin that I had wanted to use, so I thought muffins would be a wonderful way to use that up, and I went on a hunt for a pumpkin recipe. I combined a few that I found and created one delicious batch of pumpkin raisin muffins.

Without further ado, here is my recipe:

Pumpkin Raisin Muffins

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin 
1 1/4 cup flour
1/3 tsp baking powder
2/3 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
2/3 tsp. salt
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup raisins

1. Mix together sugar and oil until well combined.

2. Add egg and pumpkin. Mix well.

3. Sift all dry ingredients into separate bowl and mix well.

4. Add alternatively with water to the pumpkin mixture.

4. Stir in raisins (feel free to add more then the 2/3 cup if you like raisins!)

5. Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.

-This recipe makes 12 muffins, and takes a total time of about 40 minutes.

I hope you enjoy these tasty treats, we sure did! Let me know what you think.

Many prayers,

Em xo



No comments:

Post a Comment