Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Black Bean Brownies

Now I know what you are thinking...but I promise, they are not disgusting. I am trying to not eat sugar, or at least drastically limit my intake. I came across this recipe on Youtube actually, on Meghan Rosette's channel. Click here for the video she made on how to create these brownies.

Anyway, I made these the other day, and of course forgot to take pictures while I was making them. Sorry. But, they are not bad at all. They are not sweet really, but I will vouch for the fact that they do a good job of curbing a craving for a sweet dessert.

They have no flour or sugar, and are fabulous for not having either of those ingredients! So, here is the recipe (I did make some changes from Meghan's original recipe.)

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans (I used black canned turtle beans)
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of apple sauce (unsweetened)
3 eggs
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
Pinch of salt
Grated, unsweetened chocolate.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients (besides grated chocolate) until smooth.
3. Grease a square, 9"x9" baking pan, and pour in the mixture. Grate chocolate on top (as much as desired).
4. Place on oven, and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, and brownies seem to be pulling away from the sides of the pan. Turn after 15.
5. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.

I ate mine with some 0% sugar strawberry yogurt and it was so delicious. It would also be good with sugar free ice cream, or frozen yogurt.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them! I will insert pictures next time I bake them. Sorry I forgot this time.

-Emily xo


No comments:

Post a Comment