Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Oh! The Dreams that Could be Dreamed...All Because of a Window Seat

The other night Troy and I were talking about what our dream home would look like...about the things we would want, if we could build it just the way we would like. I had some of the regular type things...like a large kitchen, a butcher block, large windows, a front porch. But there was one thing I have always wanted. I mean always.

I remember being a little girl dreaming of having a window seat. I wanted to be able to cuddle up in the puddles of sunshine and watch the world going on outside. I wanted to be able to have a cup of something hot while I watched the rain drops race down the pains of glass, while I cuddled up, only inches from the drops, but stayed completely dry. I wanted to be able to read a book there at night, and see the stars and moon when I paused my reading to ponder the pages.

Now, as an adult I want to be able to sit on a window seat and do all those same things. I want to be able to sit there and say my morning prayers and see God in action. I just find the very thought of a window seat soothing to my soul.

I wanted to share with you some images of what I dream my one day window seat will look something like.

Wainscoting to the hallway & ceiling with a small window seat and wood floors & single window shade.. love it.
How could you resist cuddling up there? Sigh...

window seat
I love the idea of the shelves on either side. It would be perfect for putting my Bible and prayers books for when I say my morning prayers there. It also is a lovely place to set a cup of tea down!

my future house HAS to have a window seat
I cannot even explain to you how much I would have loved this as a child. It's like a little escape from the world! Heck, I am 21 and would still love this!

a good place for dreaming
Mmmm...just imagine the dreams that would dreamed here! The storage underneath is also a good idea!

Think I finally found my kitchen colors!!!!
Having a window seat in the kitchen is perfect in some many ways. Growing up, we had a couch in the kitchen, and at another point, a rocking chair. You have no idea how amazing that is. Not only is it the ideal place to cuddle up in the early morning for prayers, but it is also perfect for little wee ones to snuggle up and read while Mom is baking, or to sit and visit with Mom while she's getting supper on. 
Ah, I want one!

Okay, I literally had to tell myself to stop Pinterest searching window seats! I become OBSESSED once I started. But, I hope this will give you a couple of your own window seat cravings...I mean, ideas! Heehee!

Emily xo


No comments:

Post a Comment