Friday, June 28, 2013

Novena to Saint Maria


In nine days we will be celebrating the feast day of Saint Maria Goretti. She is a saint whom I have held near and dear to my heart for many years, and pray to often. I previously posted an article about her life that I have linked below for you to check out if you don't know about her.

Anyway, seeing as there are nine days until her feast day, July 6th, I wanted to do a post about beginning a novena to her. This novena will be said once a day from now until her feast day. The last day will be July 6th. I was thinking it should be offered for purity, in ourselves, but especially among young people.

If you wish to pray the novena, here it is.

Novena to Saint Maria Goretti

Saint Maria Goretti, strengthened by God' grace, you did not hesitate, even at the age of eleven, to sacrifice life itself to defend your virginal purity. Look graciously on the unhappy human race that has strayed far from the path of eternal salvation. Teach us all, and especially our youth, the courage and promptness that will help us avoid anything that could offend Jesus. Obtain for me a great horror of sin, so that I may live a holy life on earth and win eternal glory in Heaven. Please intercede for me in obtaining the favour I now ask.
Amen.
(Mention your request)
Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Glory Be


Link to previous post about St. Maria here.
Link to another article about St. Maria, and where I got this novena from here.

-Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment