Thursday, July 4, 2013

Small Bedroom Ideas

Come the fall I will be having a new bedroom. It will be tiny. And I will be sharing it.

Soooo...

Pinterest and I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time together. I thought I would share some of the ideas I have found with you, and hopefully you will find some inspiration.

1.
http://lakecottagedreams.blogspot.ca/2012/06/bathroom-storage-maximizing-small.html
I found the link to this site and photo on Pinterest, and was intrigued. This is about maximizing space in a small bathroom (specifically at a cottage). But, I thought this was a very neat idea.
Since my new room will be tiny, and shared I will not have a lot (or any, really) space for any extras. Just the necessities will have a place and the rest will be packed away for future use. But, I have a few novels that I have read, and love, and always go back to that I cannot bring myself to pack away. I also got a candle for Christmas that has the most beautiful jar and is a lovely colour that I don't want to pack away either. And, I have a few other, tiny pieces that I would love to have out but don't have a spot for.
So, I have decided I will make myself a shelf like this for above the bedroom door. I can put a few nicknack's up there that would otherwise get packed away. They'll be simple, special things that I don't need or use very often, but add a personal touch to a space that would otherwise go unused.

2.
http://hepok.com/keeping-small-bedroom-decoration-in-an-organized-manner/
Again, Pinterest showed me this site. In this new room of mine we are having 1 set of white bunk beds. What I liked from this photo, and took from it to help in my designing ideas, was the shelves at the head of the beds. You have to look closely, but there are shelves running along the heads of both bottom bunks.
We all have things we like/need to keep close by where we sleep, but in a small room a night stand takes up valuable space. Having shelves at the head of the bed not only removes a night stand, but it also allows the person on the top bed to have storage.

3.
http://www.allyou.com/budget-home/organizing-cleaning/in-just-5-minutes-00400000048996/page3.html
Click here for the link to this site. Because I will be in school in the fall I am going to need a desk in my room, but desk storage space will be limited. I am thinking that the mason jars below this shelf would be ideal for paper clips, tacks, and other miscellaneous desk items.
This would also be good for storing things like hair ties, bobby pins or small jewellery that you wear on a regular basis and want close by.
Freeing up space on your desk or dresser allows for you to have a smaller piece of furniture, and therefore giving you more space in your small room.

Okay, well that is a start of my ideas anyway. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

-Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment