Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Places You'll Go

When I graduated from elementary school at the end of my year in 8th grade my teacher red us this book. I had read nearly every Dr. Seuss book under the sun, but this one was new for me. And, I am glad it was. It gave me a chance to really listen and enjoy this children's book.

Now, years later, this book is good to read once again. I am now in a position in my life where I can make dreams come true. I have grown up, and I have reached some of those places I thought I would go when I first heard this book at 13. Now, at 21, there are new places I want to go...new things I want to be. My growing up continues. 
The places I want to go now have very little to do with a career or job. They have more to do with living each moment I am given, breathing each breath, being thankful, seeing the world God has given me... and being the person God is calling me to be-the very best version of myself.

I want to:

.

.


.


one day, please

awe baby

I want to!




awww

.

or 12

-

love.

.

.

.

imagine how happy that would make someone!

steal it ;)

bucket list

bucket list

to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman

I would not want it any other way!

bucket list :)

.

But above all of these things I want to live a life that God created me for. If every moment of my life, from this moment on, is filled with terror and sorrow I want to, more then any of these things, have the grace to survive it, and become holier because of it. And, I want the grace to accept any sorrow I am given.

"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)

Kid, you'll move mountains!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to great places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!"

-Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss

-Emily xo




No comments:

Post a Comment