Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Leggings are (not) Pants

I keep seeing & reading things like this
It's not a joke. Thousands of women every day wear leggings mistakenly thinking that they are pants. They are not. COVER YOURSELF.
Maybe you have too. And, I tend to agree, leggings are not pants. If they were, they would be called pants. However, I fail to see the difference between wearing leggings as pants, and say, wearing super right, require butter to get on, skinny jeans. I do not think their is a difference between wearing these

               Leggings
And say, any of these things

Galaxy Purple Yoga Pants - LIMITED
These are yoga pants...note the word 'pants' as well as the fact that they look exactly like leggings.

Yoga Pants have to be extra long!!!
Or even these. Also yoga pants, but with a wider leg. However, I think objecting to wearing leggings as pants doesn't have anything to do with how form fitting they are from mid-calf down. It's how closely they cling in...well...other places. These yoga 'pants' do exactly the same thing.

J Brand 811 Mid Rise Skinny Jeans
How is wearing these more socially acceptable then wearing leggings? They are equally tight, these are just significantly more uncomfortable & have pockets (which is actually not as handy as it would seem because the jeans fit so tightly you can't actually put anything in the pockets).




















But it this last thing that baffles my mind....The image on the rightis leggings, and the one on the left is 'jeggings'. WHAT THE HECK???
There is no difference. Why does not one object to jeggings, but people throw down right fits about leggings. Whhhhhhyyyyy?

Now, do not get me wrong. I don't think leggings are pants any more then the next person. I do own them & they are the most comfortable piece of clothing I own for my lower half. I wear them when I am home alone, I wear them to bed, I wear them with a long sweater and boots when I am too lazy to put on real clothes to leave the house. I am pro-leggings, assuming you wear them appropriately. Like, say, in any of these ways..


Short Dress with Leggings Under

sweater tunic


I mean, just be smart about it...modest is hottest ladies, remember that. Cover up your cute bottoms. 'Bottoms up!' was not referring to being able to see your booty through tight, stretchy fabric.

Love ya'll

Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment