Friday, July 12, 2013

Bikini Ready?

Growing up I was never permitted to wear a bikini. I always had fairly modest tankinis or one piece swimsuits. That was fine when I was younger, but as I reached high school I quickly noticed I was the only girl in my group of friends not wearing a bikini. I will admit I have tried to get away with wearing one, but never made it out of my room in it. I felt so...revealed..I couldn't bring myself to go out in public that way.

The other day I stumbled across this video. It outlines the evolution of the bikini, and is amazingly interesting. The study she speaks about, regarding the male mind, is astounding. It presents undeniable facts that have been speculated about for years. It is worth watching, I promise!


I think the thing that struck me the most in this video, besides the statistics she delivers about men's brain reaction to woman dressed in bikinis, was that woman think they will have power by wearing something so...scandalous. That is incredibly tragic.

I think it is easy to watch this video and draw the conclusion that men are pathetic for not having more self control in the way their mind reacts to women in bikinis. But we cannot place the blame there. They cannot help it. Ladies, we are the ones with the issue. We need to dress in a manner that assosicates us with someone to be respected, honoured and listened to. Not in a way that associates us with an inanimate object.

Demand respect by the way you dress.

Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment