Friday, July 26, 2013

Part 1: Good, Bad & Ugly

Here's a quick haul/review of some of some items I have recently purchased & used.

Warning: My younger brother, Mark, helped me while I was doing this and contributed with some random photos of some random things. We had fun, and I included those randoms at the end.

Skin Care:


The first item is this St. Ives body lotion in Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract. I have been absolutely loving this! I will admit, I purchased it mostly for the scent, which is ah-mazing! But, as with all St. Ives items I have tried, it truly does do an incredibly job at what it's meant for, moisturizing my body.


I bought this after hearing many people rave about how wonderful it is. I am here to dispute all those lovers of Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. I really, really dislike it. I find it doesn't absorb into my skin, and kind of smears over my face, leaving it looking cake-y. And, throughout the day I notice that it actually rubs off my face, and forms weird coagulated clumps.
Not a hit with me, at all!


Lastly, I have the Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15. It does claim to be a sensitive skin sunscreen, which I do agree with. I had no problem at all with it breaking me out, or drying out my sensitive skin. However, I do not really find it to be moisturizing. I typically use another facial moisturizer in addition to this product.
It does protect my skin, which is excellent. But, I was thrown by the scent. For some reason I didn't anticipate it smelling quite so strongly of sunscreen. If you don't like the sunscreen scent, I would steer clear of this.


* I am going to divide this up into sections, so consider this Part 1: Good, Bad Ugly.

Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment