Monday, July 29, 2013

Play Ball

Soft ball is big at my house. Most of my siblings play on softball teams during the spring and summer months, and most nights of the weeks you can find us running to ball diamonds in small neighboring towns. Everyone loves it, at the start. But I will admit, even our little ball players and us, their adoring fans, are growing weary of the game as the end of July approaches and seasons come to a close.
themessageinthemess.blogspot.com
Getting ready for 'the big game'
But our family more then just plays on softball teams. You can pretty well find at least one child with a ball glove or bat in hand in our yard on any given day. There are always little ones falling us around, begging us to come play a game in our 'field' (a large chunk of lawn that has been designated for all things sports). And, our family also plans a 3-Pitch Ball Tournament for our Church every July as a fundraiser.

themessageinthemess.blogspot.com
A perfect night-ball game with a sunset back drop
The other night was one of those rare evenings where the little ones were able to convince all the 'big kids' (our Mom included) that were home to join in a rip-roaring ball game in front of our home. The sun was setting and it was cooling off for the evening. It was an absolutely perfect summer night, and I couldn't help but capture a few moments.


themessageinthemess.blogspot.com
themessageinthemess.blogspot.com

themessageinthemess.blogspot.com
I am pretty sure that the 5 year old kicked
 my sorry butt!





 My team lost, by the way. However, I did fairly well for my first game in awhile...even if the 5 year old showed me up!

Happy playing!

Emily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment