Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Decor DIY

I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful season. I can't believe we are half way through October already! I wasn't about to let fall pass by without a wee bit of decorating. I wanted to share with you this extremely simple and beautiful way to decorate for fall. This could be inside or outside, and doesn't take long at all!

What you'll need:
- a pumpkin- the size is totally up to you. If you're putting it on a table as a centerpiece I would go with something smaller, but if it's going outside you could go bigger.
- a sharp knife for carving, a spoon and a pail or bowl.
- some leaves, on branches, pieces of corn stalks, or whatever other fall foliage you desire.
- scissors or sheers

First, you are going to cut a circle out of the top of the pumpkin, like you would when carving a jack-o-lantern.



Once you've cut the circle remove the top to expose the seeds and pumpkins inside. 


Scrape out all the insides, using the spoon, and dump the insides into the bowl or pail. Once I had it cleaned out I rinsed my out, and wiped and dried the outside because I was planning on bringing my into the house.


Now, gather some leaves, branches and whatever else you'd like. Essentially you are going to use this hollowed out pumpkin as a vase. 

Once you have everything you want gathered together you are going to want to measure them against your pumpkin, and see how high you want them once they are inside in the pumpkin. Cut and trim until you're happy with the height, and play around with how you like them in the pumpkin.




And, you're done! Now just decide where you want to put it, and you've added a touch of fall to your house. I hope you enjoy it!






Happy Fall!

Emily xo








No comments:

Post a Comment